1. The Blood and Genomics reserves the right to refuse any advertisement that is incompatible with its aims or inconsistent with the values of members. Advertisements are subject to review by the Editorial Board. In no case shall separate agreements with Blood and Genomics supersede this policy.
2. Advertising for the following categories is prohibited:
(1) Alcohol, tobacco, weapons, firearms, ammunition, and fireworks;
(2) Gambling and lottery;
(3) Pornography or related themes;
(4) Political and religious advertisements;
(5) Advertisements that claim to have a "miracle" cure or method;
(6) Advertisements that make unsubstantiated health claims for the products advertised;
(7) Advertisements directed at children.
3. Advertisements new to Blood and Genomics may require pre-approval before they can appear. Refer to the individual advertising policies or call your advertising representative for more information.
4. Advertisers may be required to submit supporting documentation to substantiate claims. For products not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or other government agency, technical and/or scientific documentation may be required.
5. Advertisements for products not approved by the FDA that make any kind of health claims must carry the following disclaimer: "These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease."
6. While the Blood and Genomics welcomes and encourages information-rich advertising, advertisements, advertising icons and advertiser logos must be clearly distinguishable from editorial content and may require special labeling to distinguish them as such.
7. In Blood and Genomics, the intentional placement of advertising adjacent to articles discussing the company or product that is the subject of the advertisement is prohibited.
8. Advertisements may not imply endorsement by the Blood and Genomics except as may be provided for under a separate agreement—in which case advertising must be pre-approved to ensure adherence to the letter and spirit of that separate agreement.
9. The full rules for any market research or promotion associated with an advertisement must be displayed or available via a prominent link.
10. The following online advertising formats are prohibited:
(1) Pop-ups and floating advertisements;
(2) Advertisements that collect personally identifiable information from visitors without their knowledge or permission;
(3) Advertisements that extend across or down the page without the visitor having clicked or rolled-over the advertisement;
(4) Advertisements that send visitors to another site without the visitor having clicked the advertisement.
Advertising Contact Information
If you are interested in an advertisement in Blood and Genomics, please contact email@example.com.